Amazing response of plants to people

After months of owning orchids and tillandsias I felt calm and found happiness. Plants do respond by producing
new roots, leaves, new plant/keikis and even reblooms. If we keep feeding and watering them, they might reward us with exotic flowers. Before, going to work I go peep and see them. The green color soothes and helps me start my day with a  fresh mind and warming heart.  I haven't realize then that my passion of caring plants and flowers brings me near my birth land, the Philippines. It also gave me an idea how could epiphytes live altering or mimicking the growth environment. People cultivate these to produce exotic flowers either by crossbreeding, artificial propagation , stem cuttings and tissue culture. Through the flowering community I was able to learn fast and decided to increase my collections. for almost a year, I notice a change in me. I become calm. Increase my patience and my positive side. Growing airplants requires know how or you might end up killing the plants. I had my first AI pollination. I was able to experiment 2 flowers and it notice that successful pollination
makes the flowers to wilt and after a week the receptable start to form a  bump and increase in size. I do not have my apparatus to germinate the seeds but I will try the other seed bud when matured. The other buds I will bring it in a University for horticulture students. I will continue doing AI pollination and keep the seed buds for my nezt adventure. Since my space limits me of collecting more orchids,
Q
I choose to own mini orchids starting from common dendrobiums. I will wait for these to bloom in my hand then I surely increase the number of my collection to rare orchids.
In additio  to my habit, whatever, I tried teaching and sharing how to own and care this kind of flowers. Instead of just owning it, I use this as my model of teaching basic language to my elderly students. 

Comments

Popular Posts