Hobby thing during this pandemic virus. . (Unedited)

I am using my cellphone to write ams upload pictures. Editing is not easy. 
I would like to share my hobby. Been thinking of converting my indoor plants into a water culture. Started with a land moss for my guppy fries. 
Did many attempts I was able to grow some and combine  it with another kind of moss.  My pregnant guppies gave birth and I am using the mini cycled aquarium as a rearing tank. So far,  the fries were all healthy.
 They've grown up and have to transfer it into the
community tank. The tank was just a plastic but I have planted aquatic plants and immitate the natural habitat. The fish are happy and keep on reproducing. I decided to buy something fancy tank so that I can view them.
Same,  didn't  use airpump. instead I planted it with guppy grass. Guppy grass provides oxygen to fish. The grass absorbs toxic like ammonia, nitrates that is formed in the tank. I don't usually clean my tank because of these aquatic plants( pothos, dollar weed and the guppy grass). Here's what I do
1. Suck some of the waste of the fish after 2 weeks.
2. Change 50percent of the water.
3. I use tap water.
4. Feed the fish once a day..
5. Give vitamins every after 3 months.
6. Give some soft vege or fruits for them nibble on. Sometimes I gave egg yolk from boiled eggs.
I just love seeing the roots of the plants. Here is another one. Sweet potato ..almost 1 month.
I put guppy fries to cycle the water and provide(ppops of the fish) nutrients to the plant. I have the african violets to and orchids in a water culture. The orchids adapted and has bloomed twice. The plastic water bottle has provide humidity. It had
profuce 2 spikes and now I am enjoying the view and decided to record them. I stopped buying indoor plants and fish since I can propagate and multiply them using the parent.
Been two years now and my effort has paid me and made me happy too. I hope to inspire some. Now I am on my next project on hydroponics growing leafy vegetables. Still thinking. 'till my next blog....minding the grammar. Please comment. It will help me a lot



Comments

Popular Posts