Pennyworth or dollar, water bamboo plant and pothos in Aquarium as filter

I have started  a pet fish last April, 2018. I came to have interest because I always dream of small fish. However, ever since when I was young I have loved to catch fresh water living animals from the wild and care it. It's almost 1 year caring some common orchids in our tiny apartment. I grow them in our veranda
where the sun strikes in the afternoon. I think my orchids and some other ornamental plants loved thr place. I always see them whenever I do the laundary.
       I planned to  provide a natural habitat for my pet fish. My pregnant platy and my guppy fish gave birth just after a week I bought them in the pet shop.
    Unluckily my guppies died  but the fries are happily growing. I separated them after birth.  It's almost a month. The fries have grown up in size. Other bigger fish wont be able to gulp them up.
I am hoping they will survive the summer. I do not have the intention of moving them inside. So I planted the improvised aquarium
with pennyworth, pothos, and water grass plant as filter. Every after 2 dayays I suck the waste of the fish and replace the water that was remove. I just gave commercial fish food. Sometimes,  I put water hycinth but they dies because  of the weak light.
My sword fish loved to have a bite. I also throw duckweed I got from the wild. Scared at first because parasites from the wild were introduced in my tank.  Nevertheless, my fish are happy.

It seems my orchids hanging liked the idea of the aquarium. It provides moister during the process of evaporation. I have also loved the set up,  although it doesn't look  'neat' I am pretty sure oxygen we received have increased.

Unedited ..


Comments

Popular Posts