Learning English


       This is not a good habit. Eyes wide open! Keyboard sounds. I am writing what has  just come into my mind. I have to practice typing and writing.  I once read from a grammarian pointing out my mistakes. Well he'd rather correct my sentences rather than saying, " write it straight in one language the "Tagalog/Filipino". Sorry I cannot. I wanted it in English. The reason why I am writing (English) is to see my own flaws and the  flow of my sentences. Am I using the correct words? Am I communicating using the exact words when writing and when speaking ? These bother me a lot!


      I attended seminars,  one classroom speaker pointed out the importance of learning Second Language is to be  understood and to understand. Living here in South Korea using their language my third language is difficult in the first place and even these days. I guess I will suffer explaining myself unless until I formally go and study the Korean Language, then I could finally say my words. Perfect words. Now, same with the English Language, I cannot master the language without looking into consideration how far I have been into studying the language.

      What is the difference between language and dialect? It is just a country honoring  one dialect from many dialects and considers it as their national language. Also, if  majority speaks.  Let as say Tagalog and Kankan-ey or Ilokano, "Saan ka pupunta?  In Kankan-ey  Intoy ammeyam? Saan  and Intoy mean "where" ; ka pupunta and ammeyam mean "you going?" What is the difference? How about asking "What are you eating"? in Tagalog Ano ang kinakain mo? Kankana-ey Sinuy/Sinu di kankannem? Ano and Sinuy/Sinu di means "What". Kinakain mo  and kankannem is a phrase means  aryou eating. 

      If we just consider simplicity of life, we will not be in pain. Learning another language will be put aside. However, human desires of wanting and knowing made everybody  changed  life style and thus must suffer consequences.

....................................The Author speaks the following:

English
Tagalog/Filipino
Kankana-ey
Ilokano
Ibaloy
Korean




 


     

Comments

Popular Posts